2020 Dates - Thursday September 24-Sunday September 27
The 92nd Aksarben Stock Show was held Sept 26-29, 2019 in Grand Island, Nebraska. Today the Aksarben Stock Show is managed and produced by the Nebraska State Fair
and is open to youth exhibitors, national livestock judging teams on the 4-H, junior college and senior college level and hosts two quiz bowls (Aksarben and National 4-H).
The events are held at Fonner Park in Grand Island. The beef, sheep and goat shows are held at the Five Points
Bank Arena in the Nebraska Farm Bureau Show Ring. The swine show is held in the Aurora
Cooperative Pavilion. Youth from Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,
Minnesota, Montana, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming show.
The show was established in 1928 by the Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben with a mission of "producing an annual youth livestock show celebrating the region’s agricultural heritage which educates and benefits families."
From Great To Grand:
The Aksarben Stock Show moved to Grand Island, Nebraska in 2017 celebrating its 90th anniversary. It was previously located in Omaha, Nebraska under the Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben and Aksarben Foundation.
The Aksarben Stock Show’s vision is to:
- Conduct a world-class youth livestock exposition.
- Educate youth on Production Agriculture and Agriculture STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Raise funds for the Aksarben Purple Ribbon Auction (scholarships and awards)
- Create a fun environment and competition at welcomes families back year after year.
The move included Grand Impact For Youth Exhibitors AND Sponsors
- Better facilities at Nebraska State Fairgrounds lead to more Agricultural education, events and engagement.
- Greater efficiencies result in more of your sponsorship dollars benefiting youth through scholarships, awards and education.
- Brand Presence & Market Outreach: Increased brand awareness and impact in communities across our state of Nebraska and the country.