The AKSARBEN Stock Show was established in 1928 and has a mission of "producing an annual community celebration of the region’s heritage which educates and benefits families."
In 2018, the AKSARBEN Stock Show’s vision is to:
- Conduct a World-class 4-H livestock exposition.
- Educate youth on Production Agriculture and Agriculture STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Expose High School and College students to Careers in Agriculture.
- Raise $250,000+ annually to fund AKSARBEN Purple Ribbon Scholarships and Ag Leader Scholarships, awarding up to one hundred Ag Scholarships each year.
From Great To Grand: The Aksarben Stock Show moved to Grand Island, Nebraska in 2017 celebrating its 90th anniversary. It was previously located in Omaha, Nebraska. Today the Aksarben Stock Show is a division of the Nebraska State Fair.
Grand Impact For Students AND Sponsors
- Better facilities at Nebraska State Fairgrounds lead to more Agricultural education, events and engagement.
- Greater efficiencies result in more of your sponsorship dollars benefiting youth through scholarships, education and job exploration.
- Brand Presence & Market Outreach: Increased brand awareness and impact in communities across our state.