The Aksarben Stock Show was established in 1928 by the Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben and has a mission of "producing an annual youth livestock show celebrating the region’s agricultural heritage which educates and benefits families."
From Great To Grand:
The Aksarben Stock Show moved to Grand Island, Nebraska in 2017 celebrating its 90th anniversary. It was previously located in Omaha, Nebraska under the Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben and AKSARBEN Foundation. Today the Aksarben Stock Show is produced and managed by the Nebraska State Fair.
In 2018, the AKSARBEN Stock Show’s vision is to:
- Conduct a world-class youth livestock exposition.
- Educate youth on Production Agriculture and Agriculture STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Expose High School and College students to Careers in Agriculture.
- Raise $250,000+ annually to fund Aksarben Purple Ribbon Auction (scholarships and awards)
- Create a fun environment and competition at welcomes families back year after year.
The move included Grand Impact For Youth Exhibitors AND Sponsors
- Better facilities at Nebraska State Fairgrounds lead to more Agricultural education, events and engagement.
- Greater efficiencies result in more of your sponsorship dollars benefiting youth through scholarships, awards and education.
- Brand Presence & Market Outreach: Increased brand awareness and impact in communities across our state of Nebraska and the country.
Presented by AKSARBEN Foundation