The AKSARBEN Stock Show was established in 1928 and has a mission of "producing an annual community celebration of the region’s heritage which educates and benefits families."
In 2017-2018, the AKSARBEN Stock Show’s vision is to:
- Conduct a World-class 4-H livestock exposition.
- Educate youth on Production Agriculture and Agriculture STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Expose High School and College students to Careers in Agriculture.
- Raise $250,000+ annually to fund AKSARBEN Purple Ribbon Scholarships and Ag Leader Scholarships, awarding up to one hundred Ag Scholarships each year.
From Great To Grand:
Exciting Changes On The Horizon
Our new partnership with the Grand Island Livestock Complex Authority and relocation of the AKSARBEN Stock Show to Grand Island (Fonner Park/Nebraska State Fairgrounds) allows us to expand our impact statewide and benefit even more youth.
“AKSARBEN Foundation has a long tradition of making meaningful and sustainable impacts beyond Omaha. Moving the AKSARBEN Stock Show to Grand Island demonstrates a commitment by AKSARBEN Foundation to maximize its impact in Greater Nebraska and grow the Knights of AKSARBEN leadership network.”
Kirk Kellner, Chairman of the Knights of AKSARBEN and regional president of Wells Fargo Bank
Grand Impact For Students AND Sponsors
- Better facilities at Nebraska State Fairgrounds lead to more Agricultural education, events and engagement.
- Greater efficiencies result in more of your sponsorship dollars benefiting youth through scholarships, education and job exploration.
- Brand Presence & Market Outreach: Increased brand awareness and impact in communities across our state.
- Demonstrated interest by the Knights of AKSARBEN to favorably impact Greater Nebraska. Growing the bonds between Grand Island/Tri-Cities/Central Nebraska leadership and AKSARBEN leadership is priceless.