4-H Livestock Quiz Bowl competition provides an opportunity for youth to take part in an educational experience during the Annual AKSARBEN Stock Show. The 4-H participants demonstrate their knowledge about animal nutrition, health, genetics, production, current industry issues, or management areas related to beef, swine, meat goat, and sheep.
- Youth develop positive interests and attitudes about animal science and related careers;
- Youth gain a base of knowledge of the animal science projects;
- Youth will utilize skills and abilities to solve everyday situations;
- Participants will process information, analyze complex problems and make informed decisions regarding current agricultural, environmental, and livestock industry issues;
- An increased number of participants seek out higher education opportunities and careers related to animal science.
Youth participating in these educational programs have demonstrated decision making, problem solving, critical thinking, self-confidence and teamwork skills in preparing for livestock quiz bowl competitions.
is September 28th at 8:00 p.m. at the Ramada Inn.Aksarben 4-H Quiz Bowl
is September 29th starting at 8:30 a.m.Aksarben National Quiz Bowl
is September 29th starting at 10:30 a.m.
Entries Due September 1st, 2018
National Quiz Bowl Rules
2018 Media Release for Quiz Bowl