Frequently Asked Questions
What needs DNA?
- Market Swine
- Market Lambs
- Market Beef
- Market Goats
What are acceptable forms of identification?
Beef: EID Tag, Tattoo or Visual Ear Tag
Swine: Ear Notch or EID Tag
Goats: Scrapies Tag, Tattoo or EID Tag
Sheep: Scrapies Tag, Tattoo or EID Tag
Do I write a check or send cash for my envelopes?
- Only electronic payments for DNA envelopes will be accepted prior to the shipping of the requested envelopes.
We have old envelopes from past Aksarben shows, can I use them?
- In 2019 we are stream lining our DNA envelope process and require the redesigned envelopes be used to submit DNA.
Do Breeding Animals need DNA?
Do Feeder Calves require DNA?
What happens if I miss the DNA deadline?
- There will be no late DNA envelopes accepted.
Is the entry process for 2019 the same as 2018?
- The entry process is different from 2018.
- DNA envelopes are due July 1st.
- Entries will be open August 1st - August 30th.
- Late entry window September 1st-5th.
Do I have to nominate my market animal in addition to submitting a DNA envelope?
The submission of the DNA envelope will stand as your 'nomination' for the market animal.
Do I have to nominate my breeding animals and feeder calves prior to entry?
For additional information: