New for 2019!British Breeds Class:
enter your market beef in the British Breeds Class (Papers will be required as proof of British Breed.)
- Eligible Breeds: Angus, Hereford, Shorthorn
- To be eligible for exhibition, the youth must have owned and cared for the market beef since July 1st of the current year.
- Market Beef Cattle Exhibitors that Exhibit cattle at Arksarben are subject to allowing their projects to be used for the Livestock Judging Contest. Refusal will result in not being eligible to exhibit the following year at Arksarben.
- Positive identification is required on all market beef entries.
- Positive DNA identification is achieved by submitting DNA hair samples from all market beef that are being considered for exhibition
- Nose leads or nose rings will not be permitted on the grounds.
- Exhibitors will self-declare the market beef’s weight utilizing a weigh-card system. All weigh-cards will be due at check-in.
- Show management will weigh first and second place animals in each class. A 5% variance from the weigh-card weight will be allowed. Animals not meeting the 5% variance either above or below the weigh-in weight will be lowered one ribbon group and will not be eligible for any champion awards.
- The minimum weight for market beef is 1000 pounds with no maximum weight limit.
- If minimum weight is stated on weigh-card, the reweight variance will only allow plus 5%. Minus 5% will not be accepted as it is below minimum weight.
- The top two animals from each class will
compete for Division Champion and Reserve Division Champion. The Division
Champion and Reserve Division Champion will compete for Grand Champion Market
Beef and Reserve Grand Champion Market Beef.
- The Champion Calf Challenge “Live” Calf will
compete for Grand Champion Market Beef.
- Six market beef will be selected for sale in
the Purple Ribbon Auction (six head). They include Grand Champion Market Beef,
Reserve Grand Champion Market Beef, Champ British Breeds plus three. All beef
selected for the Purple Ribbon Auction must go to harvest.
- Market beef will be exhibited from light to heavy within each division.
- If a beef animal gets away from an exhibitor more than three times in the show ring, they will be dismissed from the class.
- Market Steers
- Market Heifers
- British Breeds