Nebraska State Fair/Aksarben Stock Show – Livestock Intern
The Livestock Internship is geared towards those applicants interested in learning how to work, manage and execute livestock shows and sales at an elite level. The position will report directly to the Agriculture Director, Operations Manager and Livestock/Competitive Exhibits Manager from the Nebraska State Fair Office in Grand Island, Nebraska.
A successful candidate will be enrolled in an agriculture-related major. They will be excellent at oral and written communication. The applicant will be a self-starter with minimal supervision and maximum production. They will have great organization skills and be very detail oriented.
Approximately mid-May through the 2021 Nebraska State Fair. Additionally, the applicant will be expected to come back and be present the entire week prior to and through the Stock Show, September 23rd – 26th.
- Office and customer service
- Pack packets 4-H/FFA, Open Class, Equine, Aksarben
- DNA management
- Springboard Signage
- Event planning
- Help superintendents
- Check-In Trailer
- Award organization and distribution at shows.
- Pre-show correspondence
- Clerking shows / sales
- Show program processing, final results etc.
- Entry management
- Candidate must be 2020 high school graduate or older
- Intern cannot be an exhibitor or competitor at the 2021 Aksarben Stock Show
- Candidate must have stock show experience
Please send all correspondence, cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com no later than March 15th, 2021.